现在的位置: 首页 > 综合 > 正文

李阳疯狂英语突破对话(2)-美国人好有钱

2014年11月05日 ⁄ 综合 ⁄ 共 1057字 ⁄ 字号 评论关闭

学不好英语,不是你的错。因为学习内容太枯燥乏味! 为什么不试试《看电影学英语》?

2. Americans Have So Much Money

美国人好有钱

A: I used to think that Americans had so much money they didn’t know what to do with it.
 从前我老以为美国人都好有钱,却不知道该怎么花。
 
B: You did?
你真这么想?
 
A: Yes. But now I’ve learned differently. Now I have a more realistic opinion.
 是呀。不过我已经知道不是这么回事了。现在我的看法更实际。
 
B: What do you think now?
 那你现在怎么想?
 
A: There are lots of jobs, and almost everybody works. There is a high standard of living. People earn a lot, but they spend a lot to live. So there isn’t so much money after all.
 美国有许多行业,而且几乎人人都工作。生活水准高,个人收入多,但生活开支也大。所以最后也没剩多少钱。
 
B: But I still say Americans spend a lot more money on useless things than we Chinese do.
但我还是认为美国人比我们中国人爱乱花钱。
 
A: That’s true. But Americans work hard for their money like we do. I don’t know why our spending habits are so different.
那倒是。但是美国人和我们一样努力地工作。我不知道为什么两国的消费习惯这么不同。
 
额外成就感
 
used to 过去常常
* I used to go to English salon on Sundays.
我以前常在周日去参加英语沙龙。
* I used to live in Beijing.
我以前住在北京。
 
after all 毕竟;结果;虽然
* I’m so sorry. I can’t come after all.
对不起,结果我还是不能来。
* It’s not surprising you’ve got stomachache. After all, you’ve eaten too much.
你的胃痛并不奇怪,毕竟你吃得实在太多了。
* I know he hasn’t finished the work, but after all, he’s done his best.

我知道他未完成这项工作,但毕竟他尽力了。 

抱歉!评论已关闭.